Tuesday, 6 - 05 - 2014
Chicago’s fastest, rudest bicyclists were called “scorchers.” They hunched over their handlebars as they raced in the streets.
They were “selfish, reckless, impudent transgressors of the law and trespassers upon the rights of others,” the Tribune harrumphed. The newspaper described scorchers as cyclists “who delight to whirl around corners without warning and sweep down upon the unwary on a crossing, with a laugh at the alarm they cause and only a very slight fear of the police.”
- abeautifullandfill reblogged this from pirh
- wendydarlinginwonderland reblogged this from theuntoldstorry
- bikesandbooks reblogged this from klenkomat
- bourbonandmint likes this
- boxcarhandmade reblogged this from bikeanderson and added:
Wes will still make you one.
- thebrandonsouba likes this
- Show more notes